Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Aeropostale And Forever 21 Mini Haul

Hey everyone!

Sorry I've MIA from the blog world lately, I've really been getting into my YouTube account. :) Plus I've been playing around with new makeup, had friends in town, and of course, shopping! Today I have a haul post for you guys. I was at my local mall today with my Mom because she needed to pick up a few things, and she offered for me to come with too! So I did. :) Because what teenage girl, especially one who runs a beauty and fashion blog, wouldn't want to go with to the mall? Anyways I only purchased two things because I'm trying to save money, so this is a really small haul, but whatever. So lets get started!

So I bought this cami from Aeropostale. I have a gift card to there, and figured why not? Stripes are really in right now and I'm going to see my BFF in a couple days, and wanted a new shirt. :) They also had this tank top available in a dark red wine color, but I thought pink was better looking on me, and more clean and fresh looking. Through all the discounts and sales and everything going on, I got it for about $8.

And then I got this Love & Beauty mascara for $1.50 at Forever 21. It's skinny, but it's tall, so it's probably on average a little smaller then the normal sized Covergirl mascara. On the box it didn't say the type of mascara, so I had to take a gamble with it being lengthening or volumizing (did I spell that right??) but I figured for a buck fifty, why not? I opened it up right after I snapped the photo and it's black mascara with a slightly curved wand. I put some on, but I couldn't tell if it were lengthening mascara or not (what I like) because I already had mascara on under it and to me it wasn't worth taking off. This was my first time buying ANYTHING from Forever 21 and I will definitely be returning, whether it be for clothes, makeup or jewelery. There prices are insanely cheap and to me it appears to be fairly good quality and really nice style and everything. Mom, Dad, Christmas presents maybe??


So for those of you who follow me on Twitter (@JosieSparkle1) you know that I went to MAC today for the first time in my life. Yeah....that didn't turn out so well. I walked into the MAC store, keep in mind this was in a mall, not a stand alone store like other MACS I've seen, so it was a bit smaller. Anyways, I was the only person in the entire store (my Mom was at another shop or whatever) besides the two workers. I'm not allowed to say my age, but it's not like I look like an adult. I'm not 17 or anything, I'm fairly short, and I can still fit into clothes from Justice. To some people I look way older then I am, to some, way younger. Anyways, I walked into the MAC and they asked me if they could help me find anything. I said I was just browsing. I looked around for a little bit, keep in my mind this was my first time ever in a MAC and realized that NOTHING had price tags on it, and I'm a girl on a budget (saving up my babysitting money!) so I can't just take products up to the register and hope my wallet has enough in it. I'm kind of shy unless I know you well, that's why I like blogging and the fact I'm not allowed to show my face to the camera in YouTube videos, I'm not the kind of person that will ask how much it is and then not buy it if it's too expensive. Like I'm also not the type of person to go into the Sephora and have them give me a makeover and not buy any of the products, it makes me feel guilty, like I did something wrong, unless I have friends with me, then I don't feel as weird or wrong. Anyways, I was in the MAC for all of two minutes. And then I left. I spent a greater amount of time later in the day in Sephora, but didn't get anything there either. I like Sephora better because they have price tags, but my favorite makeup store is still ULTA. So yeah, that was my MAC experience. If I need something from MAC, I'll probably order it online so it's less awkward and everything, or go to another MAC store and see if it's better. Or maybe go on a weekend where there's more people in the store, so I'm not the only one. I don't know you guys.

But anyways, as always thank you for reading! Please leave any requests down below.

Love,