Today I thought I would do a post on 10 simple ways to improve your diet. Just like with my post about sunscreen, SPF and sunburns, I have to turn this in as a project, but thought that it might be somewhat useful to this blog since beauty has to do a lot with health. The healthier you are, the better skin you have, the better looking skin you have, etc. So please enjoy and I will get back to more beauty related posts and posting more often soon. Thanks so much!
- Change the peanut butter you buy to a natural kind: instead of buying Skippy Creamy, buy Skippy Natural Creamy (less preservatives and added sugar).
- Change your soda to a less sugar version or natural soda. Instead of buying Sprite, you could buy Natural Sierra Mist. Or instead of buying Pepsi, you could buy Pepsi Next, or buy soda by a natural soda company, such as Hansen's Natural. But, not drinking soda at all is the best way to go.
- Keep healthy snacks on hand instead of junk food ones. Instead of filling up on candy, chocolates, cake or other junk food, try getting strawberries and dipping them in chocolate sauce or putting a little spritz of whipped cream on top.
- Instead of going out for milkshakes, go out for smoothies! Or better yet, make your own smoothies. They have the same consistency of milkshakes, are fruity, yummy and healthy!
- Instead of buying 'juices' like Kool Aid or Hawaiian Punch, buy V-8 Fusion juices. They have both fruits and veggies blended into the drink, but you can only taste the fruit.
- Limit your nights eating out. Eating out to a lot of families is second nature, but really it's bad for you. You have no control over what ingredients make it into your food and body. Plus most restaurants serve high in fat and calorie food. Another bonus is that you'll save money too!
- Color your plate. The more colors on your plate, the more vitamins are in the meal, so the healthier it is.
- When at the movies, try staying away from the concession stand and eating before you come. If you can't stand not having anything from the concessions stand, buy a pack of gum and a water bottle instead. And if you decide to get that movie theater popcorn ask for no butter flavoring (really just an icky liquid poured on it) or very little.
- Make things from scratch. Buy less processed foods and make your own. Instead of buying bread, make your own loaf. It's better for you and cheaper, too!
- Buy organic,natural, or local products. Buy from stores such as Trader Joe's to get healthier choices and more organic options. Farmers markers and growing your own gardens are excellent options as well.
Sources:sacrededenblog.com, sparkpeople.com, dairydelivers.wordpress.com, theredneckprincess.net,