Wednesday, May 30, 2012

How To Find Your Natural Blush Color

Photo from makeupplace.com


You might spend a lot of money on blushes that just don't look quite right on you. It's too dark, it's too light, it gets stuck on the brush, it won't go on the brush, the possibilities are endless! Instead of wasting yet even more money from your wallet, learn which blush color suits you best first. Try some of these ways to find your natural shade, and then compare it to some of the shades at the store. 


1. Run on the treadmill for a while until you start to feel out of breath and thirsty, then run to the bathroom mirror and see your natural blush shade.
2. You might have to save this one for winter, but if you do still happen to have snow (Alaskan folks maybe? Greenland?) you could try this. Go outside and walk around your block and then come inside. Immediately look in the mirror for your natural blush shade.
3. Pinch your cheeks with your fingers for 15-30 seconds. For some reason I normally do seventeen, but that's just me picking a random number. Anyways, this should show you your natural blush color.


If you still aren't sure what your natural blush shade is, and you don't want to wear blush that is too dark, then stick to simple light colors so it won't look overdone/too dark. I use light blush anyways because I don't like the affect of dark blush on my cheeks. One of my favorite light blushes is the Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Rose Petal, I think it's number 15 but I'm not 100 percent sure.

I hope this helped some of you guys. A tutorial on brown eye makeup is coming up soon!

Love,
Miss Sparkle!

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: MisssSparkle