Friday, February 17, 2012

Inexpensive Makeup

Hi everyone!

Today I'm posting about inexpensive makeup. Not all of us have a ton of money to spend on makeup products. For example the dresses Kendall and Kylie Jenner were wearing on the current issue of Teen Vogue were both over a thousand dollars each! Today I'm going to post about some of my favorite cheap makeup brands. I'm going to limit it to my fave five.

1. L.A Colors. This brand can be found at most dollar stores, especially Dollar Tree. I love this brand and surprisingly the quality is pretty good. I currently use an L.A Colors eyeshadow everyday and an L.A Colors lipstick at least three times a week. I also have an L.A Colors lip liner in the same shade, but I don't use it very often. It's not that its not good (which it is!) but I just don't like lip liners very much. They make me feel a clown, trying to make my lips really big.


2. New York Color (NYC) This brand can be found at Target for sure and I'm assuming many other places. I love this brands mascara. It is very inexpensive and cheap. It is very good quality for the price. I have also used the nail polish by this brand and loved it. It's not one of those cheap brands of nail polish for 99 cents and then when you take it home you have to put on like fifty coats in order to even see the color. NYC is really a good brand of makeup.

3. CQ Cosmetics. Okay I'll admit it, I've only used their eyeliner- Smartliner. But Smartliner is a really good eyeliner, it has so much in it for so little money. Like last month I wound it up as far as I thought could, but then I tried again a day later or so and it worked and now I'm still using it! That being said I don't use eyeliner very often (not saying I don't wear it, but I don't wear it everyday,) but I really do like it. The only negative thing I have to say is that sometimes the eyeliner clumps as I'm applying it, but that might just be my applying technique. I'm not sure. ;)

4. Wet n Wild. This brand can be found at Target for sure as well and I'm assuming at many other stores as well. I have used many products from Wet n Wild before, including eyeliner, lipstick and lip liner. As I've said before I don't use eyeliner every day and I'm not the worlds biggest fan of lip liner, but these are really good products. The eyeliner I have from them is a pencil eyeliner. I don't really like pencil eyeliners because you have to sharpen them, so that's really the only reason I don't like the eyeliner I have from Wet n Wild. I must say though that Wet N Wild's lipstick is really good. I got these lipsticks gifted from my younger brother. Now lipstick isn't something you could normally just go out and pick any color of,  you have to make it either match your lip color or really stand out. Since I'm younger I don't want a brown lipstick but I don't want to wear a bright red or pink everyday either. The colors I got gifted were like a metallic pinkish color. It's a strange color for a lipstick, but it looks really good on me.

5. Claire's. Sure Claire's might not be a 'brand' of makeup, and sure the store might be themed for 6-11 year olds, but I still really like their cosmetics. I had a mascara from there that I got in a makeup kit from Claire's that I really liked. So I went back to the store and tried to re-purchase the mascara, but I found that I could only get it if I bought the makeup kit again. So I don't use mascara from there currently, butt that's okay because it really was just a travel sized container of mascara anyways. I really like Claire's lip gloss though. I got gifted a whole pack of different shapes and sizes and colors of Claire's lip gloss and was very surprised with it. Even though Claire's might be cheap and more for the beginner make up girl then a pro, (I'm not saying I'm a pro!) the lip gloss and nail polish can be really fun to throw on real quick before you head to sports practice or before you go outside to play or jog or whatever.

Love,
Miss Sparkle