Sunday, February 19, 2012

Worst Case Scenario: You Only Brought Some Of Your Makeup!

Hi everyone!

Today I'm going to be doing a worst case scenario post. What would happen if you forgot one of your most important cosmetics to bring with you on vacation? And couldn't go buy another one at the store? Well I have some tips for you! I'm going to pick a few random beauty items so that if you ever forget one of these, you'll know what you can use instead. Then I'm going to tell you some other beauty items you could use to try and substitute for for the beauty item you forgot. Even though these tips might not be the best for your skin or look as good as the product you forgot, remember these should only be used as a substitute!


IF YOU FORGOT:
Blush
Bronzer
Eyeshadow
Eyeliner
Lipliner
Lipstick

If you forgot blush, try using a round makeup brush that you would normally use for blush and apply some pink or light red eyeshadow. I have used this before and it works very well.

If you forgot bronzer, try using a round makeup brush that you would normally use for bronzer and apply some brown or tan eyeshadow. Gold might work too depending on your skin tone. I have used the before and it works very well.

If you forgot eyeshadow and want a pink or brown color, try using either some blush or bronzer. If you want a bright pick try rubbing your index finger or your ring finer in a tube of lipstick and gently applying that to your eyelid. I've never tried this technique before so I'm not sure how well this actually works.


If you forgot eyeliner, try using a flat thin makeup brush and dipping that in a tube of mascara or gray/black eyeshadow and then lining your eye. But if you don't have a makeup brush with you, you could try using the very tip of a mascara brush and trying to line your eye with that. I've never tried this technique before so I'm sure how well this actually works, although I've seen many people who have used the makeup brush and eyeshadow as eyeliner.

If you forgot lipliner try using a flat thin makeup brush and put some lipstick on it. Then outline your lips with that. Or if you have eyeliner that matches your lipstick color you could use that maybe. I don't use lipliner very often so I'm not really sure. I've never used this idea before so I'm not sure if this works for sure.

If you forgot lipstick try using a lip liner and just coloring in all of your lips with it. I've actually used this idea and it works very well.


Thanks for reading!
Love,
Miss Sparkle!