Sunday, April 1, 2012

Dramatic Blue Eye Tutorial

Hi everyone!

So I don't have a picture to post of myself with this dramatic blue eye because I don't like the idea of posting pictures of myself online, but I will put the tutorial up anyways.


I think this look looks a lot like a cheerleader from a high school I think.

Here is the tutorial:


1. Prime your eye with either a primer with sparkles in it or a glittery lip gloss. Even though lip gloss may not be primer, it works for this look.
2. Put on the lightest blue eyeshadow you own. All the eyeshadow I'm using is from a unnamed Claire's palette. Blend in circular motions with your finger.
3. Put on a medium colored tropical blue eyeshadow and blend that in with your finger. Circular motions work best.
4. Put on the darkest blue eyeshadow in your crease and either blend in with a makeup brush, the applicator from the eyeshadow palette (if your using a palette) or your finger might work. I used the applicator f that came with the palette.
5. Get either eye glitter (I recommend Eye Glitz by Claire's) or a blue sparkly liquid eyeliner and just dab in the middle of your lid. I used the eyeliner. If you use either a wet glitter or the liquid eyeliner let it dry a minute and then rub it into your lid using your fingers.
6. Get a navy blue eyeliner and line your top and bottom lash line. Any navy blue eyeliner will work, but I'm using number 294 by NYC. The color is In The Navy. For this look I prefer pencil eyeliner even though I would normally use a marker eyeliner.
7. After lining your eye, add some triangle shaped wings towards the end.
8. Put on one gentle coat of mascara. Only swipe across your eyes once or twice, maybe three times depending on the volume of your lashes. I used Lash Exact by Covergirl.
9. Wipe of any excess glitter or eyeshadow.


Now, what to pair it with? I like pairing this look with gentle rosy pink cheeks and bright neon pink lips.



I hope you enjoyed this look! Please if you try this out and feel comfortable leaving a picture of yourself in the comments with the look on, please do so! I would love to see if it turned out on other people!


Love,
Miss Sparkle!

Note: This post is not sponsored. All opinions are my own.