Sunday, April 1, 2012

One Challenge Complete, Another Started

Hi everyone!


Some of you may know this, but during the month of March I went on a no soda challenge. That's right, for 31 days I didn't drink any soda. Why would I want to do this you ask? Because flat out, soda is bad for you. It has SO much sugar, SO much sodium and chemicals that your body really doesn't need. I used to drink soda 4-5 times a week, and during March I didn't drink it all. Soda also replaces the most important drink ever created- water. During this time where I didn't drink any soda I didn't just drink water. I'll admit that. I tried everything that was flavored, Vitamin Waters, juices, lots of milk, Ice (a carbonated drink but is not soda) and a few other things. Nothing was as bubbly or carbonated as soda, but it didn't matter. Not drinking soda for the entire month of March made me feel better. I was less tired and lazy all the time, I was more active.Also, one of the most important things is that by drinking soda, you're wearing down your bones. Did you know that kids today have the same bones as 80 year olds? And that's not just from drinking soda, but eating so much sugary and processed foods.

So here comes the big question. Did I cheat at all? Yes. I did. But I have good reasons! I only cheated twice, during the middle of the month. Once on my birthday (which I had food poisoning on my birthday and was puking my guts out!) because I needed the bubbles AND it was a special occasion, and two the day after my birthday and the day after I was sick. From having all the acid go up and down my throat I needed some bubbles to refresh that.


So am I going to continue not drinking soda? The answer to that is sort of. I on average eat out once a week, and most of the time what do you get there? SODA. During March I drank the lemonade and water at restaurants, but now am I going to drink soda? Sometimes, maybe every other time. And when I'm at home am I going to buy Diet Pepsi's and Dr Pepper's and drink a can a day? No. If it's my birthday or I'm sick, I will drink soda. And if I have friends over for a bonfire (or whatever) and we're having soda will I drink it? Probably. I am going to LIMIT my consumption though.



Okay, so now that I'm done with no soda March, I have decided to start a new challenge. I saw this on TV this morning and decided it sounded cool. Not only can it be good for the environment, but it's really good for you too! Every day in April, you have to ride a bike. It doesn't matter if you ride to the end of your driveway and back, or to the supermarket to get your groceries and back. You just have to get on a bike and pedal a little bit each day this month. Have I started yet? Yup. I biked around my neighborhood this morning and probably biked for about two miles. If you want to do this challenge but can't ride a bike or don't own a bike, go to a gym and hop on stationary bike! I would say that counts!

I am not sure I will be able to personally complete this challenge though, as I have plans to spend a weekend away from home (and I'm not cramming my bike into the car) so yeah. Also me and my family might be taking a road trip too, so I'm not sure if I will be able to complete this challenge. 


Thanks so much for reading. Please let me know if you have or am doing any of these challenges! And sorry this isn't a beauty post, but beauty is your entire body, not just your face. So I thought you guys might like to hear about this.


Love,
Miss Sparkle!